Suntra Spa Cape Town | Review


As part of a lovely birthday staycation, we were invited to try the newly revamped Suntra Spa at 15 on Orange Hotel. We headed to the spa, lazily, after breakfast on Sunday morning. Reflecting the new management, the spa has now doubled in size - allowing the reception area to move, creating a more welcoming and luxurious space for couches in the waiting area - with magazines and flavoured water on the tables.





After completing my information form, I was taken into my treatment room (which I shared with Luke, who was having a massage) where my therapist asked me what my skin concerns were and the particular areas I wanted to focus on. I mentioned an oily T-zone and dry patches - she then recommended a hyaluronic facial from KLAPP - a brand I've never encountered before. I admit the term hyaluronic sounded a little scary - something I wasn't sure I wanted done to my face - but she then explained it was effectively a moisture-boosting treatment. Perfect for in-between season skin.

The treatment bed was comfortable, I was covered with blankets and asked for the aircon to be turned off after a while - which was done. Warm and comfortable is always a great way to start. Music-wise, I don't think spas will ever win here : it's either Gregorian chant or panpipes doing ABBA. Definitely a gap in the market here. Thankfully, it wasn't particularly loud, so we enjoyed the (almost) silence while chatting occasionally.

My facial consisted of:
a micro peel
a bubble mask
hyaluronic concentrate
massage jelly 
finishing serum

(although, to be honest, it felt like there were at least 17 steps in this process).





My facial was lovely - it started with a scalp massage, and the therapist used the perfect amount of pressure throughout. My skin felt great afterwards - I could see it was well moisturised. Luke's massage was good - especially as his muscles were a little stiff from running. It's difficult to pick a 'defining feature' to differentiate this massage from any other - it simply delivered.

A full body Swedish massage is R 550 (an hour) and my facial was R 1000 (also an hour).

With 11 treatment rooms - including one with a jacuzzi spa bath - the spa is rather pretty - all the treatment rooms I peeked into were decorated in neutral tones and looked very comfortable. For all the views, it is missing any sort of 'wet' facility - sauna, steam room etc - which is generally one of the highlights of going to a spa for me. However, a perk of being situated in the hotel, means the pool and sun loungers are only a few steps away - with fantastic views of the city.

We enjoyed our treatments as guests of Suntra Spa. All images and views are my own. 
All images taken with a Canon EOS 600D from Loot.co.za

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet the author

Google analytics

On Twitter : @AGorgeousLifeSA

On Instagram : @agorgeouslife