One & Only Hotel and Cooking with Reuben Riffel

 
A while ago I entered  a competition run by Good Housekeeping magazine - to win a cooking class with Reuben at his restaurant at the One & Only Hotel, with lunch, dinner a spa treatment and a night at the hotel. Of course, it sounded completely wonderful, so when I was told I was one of 10 winners I couldn't wait for the night to come.
 
 
The entire experience was amazing - the hotel has every luxury you could ask for (including a pillow and scent menu for your room) and Reuben is so down to earth and incredibly helpful. Instead of describing the experience in hundreds of paragraphs, I though I'd give you these photographs and let you see for yourself:
Two of us were chosen to help Reuben prepare two of the dishes we'd be having for lunch - I helped with the salmon starter, and another helped with the pan fried duck breast.
 
  
  
It was a fantastic experience - I doubt I'll ever have the opportunity to stay at the hotel again, so it was lovely being treated to such a luxurious two days. Thank you to the team at Good Housekeeping for running this competition, and to Reuben for being so generous with his time and knowledge.
 
 
    

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet the author

Google analytics

On Twitter : @AGorgeousLifeSA

On Instagram : @agorgeouslife