Lipidol Body Oils | A review


In development since 2007, Lipidol is the world's first moisture retention range - made my the team behind the South African favourite, Bio Oil. Sadly, I couldn't make the launch of Lipidol in South Africa, but the team behind the event kindly sent me two items from the range to try out.

What you need to know:
The range consists of 6 oils
All products are suitable for sensitive skin (including oily and acne-prone skin)
The range is exclusively available from Clicks
All products are R79.99 - and vary in size

My thoughts:
While the thought of using an after-shower oil is not a strange one to me, the concept of a cleansing oil still take a little getting used to. The Lipidol Cleansing Body Oil  is quite thick and has a subtle tea tree / lime scent. It emulsifies wonderfully and leaves your skin feeling clean, but not dry. I have to state here, that it hasn't only been me trying the range - the Mr has discovered that this oil is also great for shaving.

The After Shower Oil is lovely - absorbed quickly, it leaves your skin feeling silky and smooth. Again, the Mr has discovered it's also great as an after-shaving balm. I don't think he's realised that they make a dedicated After Shave Oil, but him and his skin are happy, regardless. I would have liked to have a more distinctive scent with this oil - it's very, very neutral - which would be useful if you don't want it to clash with your existing perfume.

I love that the entire range is the same price, the simple packaging - and the fact that the bottles are wrapped in plastic. How many times have you picked up a bottle of oil on the shelf, and it's oily from a leaked bottle? Hate.

It's a beautiful range - for both men and women. Next on the list? The After Shave Oil.

Note : I received two bottles of Lipidol as a press drop. All views are my own. Top image taken with a Canon EOS 600D from Loot.co.za

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet the author

Google analytics

On Twitter : @AGorgeousLifeSA

On Instagram : @agorgeouslife