Favourites | Women's Lifestyle Expo



A few weeks ago I was invited to attend the inaugural Women's Lifestyle Expo in Cape Town. Held at The Lookout at The Waterfront, it was a beautiful day for a little pampering and all-things-ladylike. I discovered a few lovely vendors and want to share my favourites with you :

First, NYX Cosmetics. Due to a little make-up mishap in the car, they were my first stop - call it damage control. David Sharp was kind enough to fix my face - and in the process, introduce me to their Super Skinny Marker - a liquid eyeliner pen. Perfect for people like me who can't draw a friggin' straight line. It's very forgiving and wears quite well.
  

 He also introduced me to their HD Concealer - admittedly, I did look decidedly more 'awake' after he applied it under my eyes, but I have yet to make the plunge and buy it. NYX Cosmetics are available at Clicks and are at the lower-price point - the eyeliner is around R150.

Next up, food. Obviously. I was happy to bump into a few Oyster Kings - shucking and serving deliciously plump oysters as you wait. Oysters for breakfast? Why, yes.

If you're also a fan, keep an eye out - I'll be giving away a king and 100 oysters to a lucky reader in my build-up to the Pick 'n Pay Knysna Oyster Festival. A man, in a leather apron, with fresh oysters. Stop drooling and get your bubbly ready.


 A surprising discovery was Poppy Divine pyjamas. I never quite realised how...un-lovely...mine were until I saw their gorgeous, feminine range. From sleep shirts to traditional button-downs and 'lounge sets'. Considering when I get home from work I immediately hop in the shower and get into my pyjamas, I think I'll definitely get my money's worth if I work out the hours I spend in them. Gone are the days of ugly-let-no-one-see-you-in-them pjs.

Should you wish to order a set from the comfort of your seat, hop on over to Spree.


 While starting my day with a good cup of coffee is standard procedure, so is my afternoon cup of tea. From Earl Grey to Green Tea with Jasmine or White Tea and Pomegranate - I honestly love them all. Walking past Enmasse Tea Merchants and their Hot Cross Bun Chai tea leaves - I had to stop.

Gorgeously fragrant and light - easily enjoyed with no milk or sugar, you can view their range here. Some of the other favourites I've found on their site : 

Devil's Advocate
A curiously strong, full bodied ginger & chilli infusion to keep you & your immune system honest. Shake well. Caffeine free.

Minted
Half spearmint. Half peppermint. Caffeine free & fresh as a daisy.

Twilight zone
A calming infusion of camomile, lavender & valerian. Caffeine & stress free.

My current dream evening consists of a cup of Twilight zone enjoyed in my Poppy Divine pyjamas. The Women's Lifestyle Expo puts ideas in your head.
   

The expo was well organised and beautifully done - while there weren't hundreds of vendors, they were well-chosen - quality over quantity - and have already found a few new favourites.

Note : I was invited to attend as media. All images and views are my own.

4 comments:

  1. I love expos and it saddens me that CT don't pull the crowds/vendors like the one's in JHB do. It's something I have had to get used to since I've been living in CT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Women's sober living Awesome article, it was exceptionally helpful! I simply began in this and I'm becoming more acquainted with it better! Cheers, keep doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An impressive share, I simply given this onto a colleague who was doing a bit of analysis on this. And he the truth is purchased me breakfast as a result of I found it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love reading extra on this topic. If possible, as you change into experience, would you mind updating your weblog with more details? It is extremely useful for me. Large thumb up for this blog post! how long until 2020 ends siri

    ReplyDelete
  4. You created some decent points there. I looked on the internet for any issue and found most people should go as well as with the internet site. how long until 2020 ends siri

    ReplyDelete

 

Meet the author

Google analytics

On Twitter : @AGorgeousLifeSA

On Instagram : @agorgeouslife