Review | Hello, Gorgeous Salon


You may remember from this post that I have hair issues. After having snipped away the damaged I had done, it's time for a little more honesty. I've admitted to being mean to my hair. Dyeing and bleaching as the wind moved me -yes, this was out of boredom but it was also due to a few bad experiences when it came to colour at a hair salon. Tiger stripe highlights? Yes, done that. Two-tone ombre? Yes, done that too. There was no incentive for me to pay R700+ for a hairdresser to destroy my hair when I could do an equally good job at home.

So, with that mindset, I headed off to Hello, Gorgeous for a little colour fun.



Situated two doors down from Sake House in Claremont, Hello, Gorgeous is simply fun. Expect pink and diamante - a salon where everyone knows the client's name. Cheers, but in beauty format. I was placed in Shaun's capable hands. After sharing my colour fear and history with him, he suggested we touch up my roots in a slightly lighter colour, and add some highlights. I visibly clenched my chair at the suggestion.

Seriously, how brilliant are these t-shirts?

Shaun did a little root-touch up first, before applying a few foils (to the top layer of my hair only). Being fully aware of my tiger-stripe fear, he talked me through the process and tried his best to calm me. 10 minutes later, I was at the basin for a wash and head massage (always the best part).



It was then time to dry, style and reveal the finished product - and I admit, I literally said 'wow'. Natural, but still adding interest - it was gorgeous. My faith in hair salon colour has been restored. With foils only R20 each, it's also affordable enough for me to go back fairly regularly - before reaching for that box of dye from the super market shelf.


Hello, Gorgeous also have an extensive beauty menu - ranging from manicures (from R140) to brow tinting (R60). Next time, I'll definitely be adding something on while I wait for my highlights to develop.

Hello, Gorgeous
Shop One,
Gibson House,
11 Old Stanhope Road,
Claremont,
Cape Town
Tel: +27 (0)21 671 6503

Note : I enjoyed my treatment as a guest of Hello, Gorgeous.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet the author

Google analytics

On Twitter : @AGorgeousLifeSA

On Instagram : @agorgeouslife