Simple Stir Fry

  

This is my meal in a minute solution - when I come home from work, and need to eat immediately this dish goes from ingredients to a meal in under 10 minutes. It's also a good stand by for when I need to feel a little healthier, and for the rare occasion I don't have eggs in the house for my other emergency dinner.

This uses what has now become my standard stir-fry sauce - I hate buying the ready-made versions out of the bottle, and I really think it's worth investing in a few standard Asian style ingredients, so you can play around with them at home and see what your perfect combination is. It uses only 3 ingredients and is for me, the perfect balance between salty, nutty and sweet.

Ingredients:
250g udon noodles
300g mix of corn, snow peas, pak choi and carrot batons
50g silken tofu (or sliced chicken breasts if you prefer)
small handful coriander
1/2 tsp crushed garlic
1/2 tsp crushed ginger
1 tsp peanut or canola oil
 
For the sauce:
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp chillli flakes

Method:
Place the peanut or canola oil in a hot wok or pan, add the ginger, garlic and tofu or chicken breast strips, and stir fry until almost cooked. Add the vegetables and noodles and stiry fry for 2 minutes. Mix the sesame oil, chilli flakes, honey and soy sauce in a small bowl, and add to the wok, stirring until combined. Add the coriander and stir through. Serve immediately in bowls.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet the author

Google analytics

On Twitter : @AGorgeousLifeSA

On Instagram : @agorgeouslife